Here are a selection of hand-picked tools that I use / have used in my business
Managing my online business:
- Ontraport – It’s not the cheapest system, but it’s the most comprehensive and most effective I’ve ever used. Combines your sales pages, email database and newsletters and gives you incredible anlytics, especially the scoring of cold/warm leads. Worth every penny.
- Convertkit. My autoresponder of choice. It’s the perfect cross between mail chimp and infusionsoft/ ontraport. It’s easy to use and a good option if you don’t want to spend the money on Ontraport just yet.
- G Suite – Google apps is now going by this name. Absolutely crucial for business when it comes to slick emails, calendars, slides and file storage.
- WordPress – My chosen content management system for my sites. You can choose a self hosted one at wordpress.com however I prefer to install on my own hosting. Some hosting companies, (like Digital Pacific that I use) have an option to install WordPress in one click, super easy. Then you can design your site, or select a template.
- Canva. Graphics, images, quotes, pdfs… want them to look professional and gorgeous? This tool is a must use!
- Pexels – where I go to get slick, stylish free images for my blog. You can search yourself online or get yourself a plugin on your wordpress site, so you can inject the images while you write your blog.
- Creative Market – where I go for inspiration and also, to find designers and one-off items that are stunning and ready to go!
- Picmonkey. Another tool I use for my graphic design. Like Canva it’s a drag and drop kinda tool and like Canva you can use the FREE version with amazing results. (You can learn how to use both right here)
- SmartMockups – For those mockups and image placements without having to be super tech savvy.
- PDFescape – Used to make those worksheets even more professional. You can add fields – so it’s fillable and you can make the worksheets clickable and interactive.
- Logojoy – where I go to whip up a quality logo, like the one I made for Marketing Bootcamp. It uses the latest technology to suss out what designs you already like to create you a new logo, and when you get your file, zipped up it comes with any size and format you could possibly need AND a stylesheet. And it’s only AUD $65. Love this tool!
- $27 Logo Designs– Quality logos at a price you won’t find anywhere else.
- Pretty Darn Cute Design – do really cute web designs, feminine and vintage styles
- Blurb – I love using this software and online service to create beautiful books. Use this link for 30% Off 3 Units For Photo Books
ORGANISATION, MARKETING AND CLIENT WORK
- Schedule Once – I use this to take online bookings. Fantastic online booking service that syncs with your Google Calender / iCal and also allows the user to book in their local time.
- Google Suite of Tools (Google Drive). Don’t own excel or microsoft word or powerpoint? Google drive to the rescue. FREE and works pretty much the same. You can even download the apps to your smartphone and work on the go.
- Adobe Creative Suite. An inexpensive option to getting your hands on powerpoint, indesign and those other tools that otherwise would put quite a dent in your pocket.
- Gmail + Boomerang. Replying and keeping your inbox empty made EASY.
- Calendly – another great scheduling tool out there. There is a free version that I used for a long time but when you start offering multiple meetings you can add additional options and best part it syncs seamlessly with Google Calendar.
CREATING ONLINE COURSES
- LifterLMS – online course system for inside your WordPress site. This is what I use for our Marketing Bootcamp each year, super simple to use and setup and works with WooCommerce.
- Thinkific – another great tool for creating online courses
TAKING & PROCESSING PAYMENTS
- Xero – Hands down the BEST, and most simple to use accounting software available. And most accountants these days (particularly in Australia) are using it.
- Paypal (Business or Pro). Gotta make money right? Hands down I still consider this the best way to get paid and to pay for stuff as well.
- Stripe – hands down the most simple, slick and reliable credit card processing on the web
- Square – take credit card swipes on your phone or ipad with this cool adapter!
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
- MeetEdgar – I use this to manage my social media posts across Facebook, Facebook Groups, Linkedin and Twitter. I particularly like it’s scheduling features for new and evergreen content.
- Later. – My favourite app to schedule my Instagram content.
- Boardbooster. – I use this DAILY for Pinterest to ensure that I get automated traffic to my blog.
- Buffer. Amazing for social media scheduling.
- Hootsuite. Great for social media scheduling but also good for keeping track of your twitter and monitoring conversations. This is how I viewed at a glance my 50+ Facebook groups for each franchise worldwide at Business in Heels
RESEARCH AND SOCIAL MEDIA
- Facebook free tools. Track your audience insights – gain invaluable information with their audience insights tool. Absolutely invaluable.
- Facebook Power Editor. I create ALL my ads here. That boost button on your page? A BIG no – no. Learn more about creating Facebook Ads here.
- Buzz Sumo. Need content? Start here!
- Lucky Orange LLC – Analytics and tools for your website
STORAGE AND HOSTING
- Dropbox. Great storage tool. I use it mainly for pdfs and to share larger client files.
- Evernote. It’s on my macbook, my iphone, my ipad… anywhere I can put that bad boy it is. We’re creatives we get a ton of ideas and we need to write them down. This allows me to keep up with everything all in one place.
- Evernote web clipper. See something you like? Clip it and save to your evernote. You can also bookmark and save fill pdfs without filling up all your storage. 2 Words – In Love.
- Digital Pacific – Web Hosting. Not only do these guys offer environmentally friendly hosting, they also have CPanel and ONE CLICK install for WordPress. YES!
- YouTube. Besides the great organic traffic you can get from YouTube videos, it’s a FREE way to host videos and…
WEBINARS AND MEETINGS
- Google Hangouts. Google hangouts are the way to go to host amazing live webinars, trainings and even client calls! You can share your screens, chat live and create an event to go along with it.
- Chatroll. To step your chat game up for your webinars.
- Vimeo. A paid more secure version to YouTube for hosting videos that I use for paid training and replays.
- Zoom. My go to for hosting all my 1:1 client calls and group coaching calls. For hosting client calls, masterminds and even more intimate live webinars and trainings. Hit record and you’re good to go. There’s a free version you can get started with!
- Skype + Evaer. Hold your long distance calls and record it.
WORDPRESS THEMES & GENERAL
- WP Engine Wordpress tools & hosting, loads of great information in their blogs too!
- Premium WordPress Themes Another great provider of WordPress themes
- Themeforest – I spend way too much time here, this is where I usually go for my WordPress templates. They have a huge selection.
- Ninja Forms – Handy plugin I use for all my online forms on my site.
- Advanced E-commerce Integration – to boost your marketing ROI
- Testimonials – plugin to increase conversations
- Keyword Optimizer Plugin – helps you create and maximise the use of keywords for SEO
- A stunning responsive carousel image slider – to create a beautiful slider for your site
- Grid Plugin – handy when wanting to present your images in grid style
- Marketing Giveaway Plugin – super handy for boosting marketing and sales leads
- A complete WordPress advertising plugin – to manage your ads on your site
- WPLegal – legal page templates for your site
- A WordPress messaging plugin – that lets users message each other on the site
- WordPress YouTube Video Plugin that lets you add videos from your YouTube channel
- WP-Answers is the most advanced WordPress Question and Answer Plugin
- A handy WordPress weather widget
- A stylish WordPress countdown timer plugin
- A sleek WordPress testimonial plugin
- A stylish WordPress team showcase plugin
- A scratch card WordPress fun plugin
- A WordPress RSS Feed Plugin to display and maintain feeds the way you want
- A WordPress quiz plugin that creates tests, quizzes, exams, polls and contests
- A WordPress Social Login Plugin that supports Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn
- A feature-packed WordPress review plugin
- A WordPress social comment plugin
- Boost your Click-Through-Rate by creating Click-worthy Buttons
- An exhaustive WordPress business directory plugin
- A news ticker WordPress plugin
- Display Amazon products on your posts and pages and increase your Amazon affiliate earnings.
- A content locker plugin for your WordPress site, to protect your posts and pages.
- A handy WordPress affiliate plugin
- Event Plus lets you create and manage unlimited events from your WordPress site.
- A refreshing WordPress community plugin
- A powerful WordPress image slider plugin – comes with 5 amazing layouts
- Powerful Affiliate Plugin
PR & ADVERTISING
- 24-7 Press Release Newswire – Submit press releases free to media around the world
- Jing by techsmith. Grab a screenshot or record a screencapture video (less than 5 minutes)
- Typeform. For gorgeous forms and surveys.
- FocusList. This is an app that I use on my phone and macbook that utilizes the pomodoro technique so you can get more done.
- LiveChat – software to help you chat with your website’s visitors in real time. Sign up now and get all the benefits of instant communication.
- Freshdesk – another great live chat helpdesk system
Great Creative Live courses to upskill
- Intro to VR & 360 Live-Action Photography and Video
- Smart PR for Artists & Entrepreneurs Class at CreativeLive
- Adding Vintage and Distressed Effects with Photoshop Class at CreativeLive
- Double Your Followers with Creative Marketing Course at CreativeLive
- Turn Customers Into Fans in the First 100 Days Course at CreativeLive
- Build a Successful Creative Blog Course at CreativeLive
- Turn Your Etsy® Shop into a Sales Machine Course at CreativeLive
- Photography Starter Kit Classes at CreativeLive
- Podcast Storytelling Classes at CreativeLive
- Photoshop 101 Classes at CreativeLive
- Mastering People Skills Classes at CreativeLive
- The Ultimate Lighting Bundle
- Driving Traffic to Your Online Business with Neil Patel
- Online Photo & Video Courses