Ask any online event organiser or host what her biggest struggle is, and she’ll nearly always say it’s technology.
From not knowing what apps to use to not understanding how they work to fighting to connect them with each other, tech is the one thing that holds most people back from hosting an online event.
Even just a few years ago, this was a legitimate concern. Today, though, you have lots of options for every piece of the puzzle, including video recording, landing page creation, and content delivery.
Google Hangouts Make Recording Easy
You no longer need to invest in expensive systems such as GoToWebinar or Adobe Connect. Now all you need is a Google account and a web cam. With Google Hangouts, you can:
- Share screens and slideshows
- Record your interview
- Invite guests with just an email address (nothing for them to download and install)
- Automatically post to your YouTube channel
The biggest benefit, though, is that it’s free. And you just can’t beat that!
Landing Pages Come Together Quickly With LeadPages
Landing pages—even if you use a CMS system such as WordPress—are a pain to get right. Getting your opt-in box aligned properly and connected to your autoresponder is frustrating. Split testing is nearly impossible. And formatting? Unless you’re a CSS whiz (or you hire one) you’ll likely have trouble.
LeadPages has taken all the work out of landing page creation by providing an ever-growing library of proven, editable templates ideal for any type of event.
Protect Content With Wishlist Member
If you’ll be delivering replays, you don’t want them available to the public. You can protect content with a simple password set up on your site, but for a more professional look and feel, consider upgrading to a membership site. Wishlist is easy to use and configure, and will automatically create protected pages for your summit recordings.
If you’ve procrastinated hosting your own event because you didn’t think you could manage the tech, you can no longer use that excuse. These three tools together make it super easy to create, promote and host a virtual event. So what are you waiting for?
- The secret to more Instagram followers - November 6, 2017
- Meet style guru Diane Penelope. - October 30, 2017
- Australians can now employ theatre and event producer, Jac Bowie, as their very own wedding planner. - October 23, 2017
- 95-year-old Australian handcrafted business hasn’t buckled under the pressure of modern times Celebrating 95 years in business, men’s accessories connoisseurs - October 23, 2017
- 3 ways wireless printing can help prepare you for the digital age - October 22, 2017
- I got ripped off, by a hairdresser. - October 22, 2017
- Review of the Fuji Xerox CM225 fw printer - October 9, 2017
- Australians can now employ theatre and event producer, Jac Bowie, as their very own wedding planner. - September 20, 2017
- First look at SBS Look Me In The Eye - August 17, 2017
- My secret weapon for Instagram - August 17, 2017