It can be overwhelming when you start a home business online. There’s the fear that you might get bogged down with techie problems that seem impossible to understand. Or you might think that you’re too old, too young or too unskilled for the online business world. But with the right mindset and direction, you can do it. There are the 5 steps every online entrepreneur takes when starting a home business online.
1. Determine What You’re Going To Sell
The beauty of a home business online is that you can choose from a wide range of products and services to sell. The most important thing is to get involved with a product or service that you actually like or have an interest in. You don’t even need to have your own products. There are thousands of ready-made products and services that you can sell as an affiliate and earn commissions on every sale you make.
2. Develop A Website
Don’t worry if you have absolutely no technical expertise. There are plenty of online step-by-step video tutorials that teach you how to build a basic home business website. Or if you feel it will be too much for you then you can outsource any technical jobs to freelancers who can do it for you. Check out websites like Elance and UpWork.
3. Get Some Content On Your Website
Your pages, posts and articles need to say more than “buy my products”. Your content needs to contain information that your website visitors will find useful. Don’t just use written text. Use video clips, illustrations, photos, infographics, podcasts – anything that will keep your audience interested so that will want to come back for more.
4. Drive Traffic To Your Website
When you start a home business online your website is just one of the millions of other websites on the internet. So you have to get visitors to your website. There are a number of ways you can do this. Simply by regularly updating your website with useful content will help your website to get noticed by the search engines so that they direct traffic to you. Also, share your new content on social media. If you have some available funds, you can pay to boost that content to your target audience. Aim to have a good blend of both free and paid traffic strategies.
5. Develop A Database Of Prospective Customers
Put an email capture form on the home page of your website so that you can send emails to prospects about your products or services. It’s not likely that a person who visits your website for the first time will buy from you there and then. People need assurance that your online business is genuine and that you provide real value. This is done by building a relationship with them via email. To get someone’s email address you need to offer something of value for free in exchange. This could be a simple e-book, survey or video course.
- The secret to more Instagram followers - November 6, 2017
- Meet style guru Diane Penelope. - October 30, 2017
- Australians can now employ theatre and event producer, Jac Bowie, as their very own wedding planner. - October 23, 2017
- 95-year-old Australian handcrafted business hasn’t buckled under the pressure of modern times Celebrating 95 years in business, men’s accessories connoisseurs - October 23, 2017
- 3 ways wireless printing can help prepare you for the digital age - October 22, 2017
- I got ripped off, by a hairdresser. - October 22, 2017
- Review of the Fuji Xerox CM225 fw printer - October 9, 2017
- Australians can now employ theatre and event producer, Jac Bowie, as their very own wedding planner. - September 20, 2017
- First look at SBS Look Me In The Eye - August 17, 2017
- My secret weapon for Instagram - August 17, 2017